Thursday, May 10, 2012
Kiddos!!
Keeping busy with the kids this week. From the kids at the Transformation house to the kids from Barrio Blanco that we took to the beach on Tuesday, it's been a busy kid week! On Monday I was able to help the nurse out and give breathing treatments that the kids come in to get on a regular basis because they have asthma issues but no inhalers at home. I also was able to do some injections for antibiotics and it broke my heart when my chunky little girl flexed her bottom so tight because I know it just makes it that much more painful... I remember getting my shots in my butt when I was younger and I absolutely hated it!! Then the rest of the day it was off to Sosua and reading on the beach. A cross fit workout at night exhausted us and made us call it a night ha Tuesday I helped in Social Studies with Justin in the morning, they are learning about Europe aka Europa in Spanish. I headed down to the beach afterwards with Nora and Sarah some girls visiting this week and then met Margo and Rebecca to play with the kids from Barrio Blanco at the beach, it was so much fun ;) Today I went and helped Maria's class with literature and playing in the yard, great time! I got to go out to Caraballo which is a mainly Haitian village that has a DREAM school, about 45 minutes away, and see all they are doing out there. They have one building made of metal panelling that is about 40x40 ft and they hold 2 classes in it at a time, the kiddos are so obedient and sweet. It's amazing how much this place makes me grateful to have what I have been blessed with. It's a age old question I always ask myself, "If I wasn't blessed to be in my family and to the life I know, where would I be?" It is an important question to evaluate and ponder from time to time. I get to go pick up my bro David Taylor tomorrow around noon and I am so excited to show him this place! It started back up with rain today after 4 days of straight sunshine so I am hoping its not a permanent rain.... ahhhh This weekend is going to be cool, there is a HIV testing clinic on the beach and a concert at night, I shall update afterwards. Also I want to wish a happy Nurses Week to all my nurse ladies and gents ;)
Beautiful Sunday morning view of the beach, not a cloud in site!
Driving the horses down the beach, so pretty and tranquil
Breakfast ;)
Picture of me at Tyler/Transformation house sign
Adam a ER nurse from Seattle that I met on Saturday and wanted to do some volunteering on his trip
Rebecca checking out a little guy with congestion
Rebecca and the little girls on the beach, getting ready to bury the girls!
One of my new little buddies ;)
Swimming lessons!!
Rebecca and her WILD girl
Margo playing with the girls, she is such a giving person
Just relaxing... Not a care in the world!
Lady in Caraballo doing her laundry
Found this awesome bridge painted with a special message for me and all my nurses this week!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment